|Catalyst JOEH Find Consultants Job Board Member Center Marketplace|
|About AIHA Membership Get Involved AIHA University Events IH/OEHS Careers Public Resources|
|We believe that worker health and safety is a fundamental human right, and that’s why we tirelessly work to promote and advance the occupational and environmental health and safety profession and those who practice it.|
|Risk Versus Reality of Mercury in Rubberized Flooring (AIHce EXP 2020 OnDemand)|
|Recorded at Virtual AIHce EXP 2020
Earn 1 Contact Hour
Phenyl mercuric acetate (PMA) was used as a catalyst during the installation of polyurethane rubberized flooring materials and was discontinued by Tartan in 1985. However, the use of PMA by other manufacturers and installers is unknown. The use of phenyl mercuric acetate allowed flooring to be installed faster and more level than flooring without PMA. It has been discovered that mercury vapors are released into the indoor environment years after installation. The flooring was primarily installed in gymnasiums in K-12 facilities, community centers, and universities. Mercury vapors pose an exposure potential to employees, students, and the general public using the facilities. This session will review various exposure values, analytical methods, and engineering controls for the safe and effective management and removal of these mercury containing flooring systems.
Upon completion, the participant will be able to:
• Describe exposure standards and guidelines for mercury vapors from rubberized flooring.
• Assess the presence or absence of mercury in indoor air.
• Determine proper analytical methods for waste handling.
• Identify engineering controls for remediation of mercury containing flooring.
• Recognize operation and maintenance practices to manage mercury vapor concentrations.
• Speak to the public regarding exposure concerns.
Mr. Alan Lloyd, CIH, CSP
Haddon Heights, NJ
Mr. MICHAEL MENZ, CIH, CHMM
Menz Industrial Hygiene Services
BARRINGTON, NJ, United States of America
Stock #: AOD20_H3
Member $25/Non-Member $35/Student $25
Your Price: $35.00