|Catalyst JOEH Find Consultants Job Board Member Center Marketplace|
|About AIHA Membership Get Involved AIHA University Events IH/OEHS Careers Public Resources|
Recorded at AIHce 2016
Session Moderator: D. Valiante, USDOL/OSHA
Workers who inhale beryllium particles are at risk of developing a serious beryllium-related lung disease called chronic beryllium disease (CBD). Presenters will provide an overview of the rulemaking status at OSHA and DOE, the collaborations between labor and Materion, the leading manufacture of beryllium and an update of the critical research at NIOSH and National Jewish Health.
• Occupational Exposure to Beryllium—OSHA Regulatory Update
T. Defoe, USDOL/OSHA, Washington, DC.
• Regulatory Update on Chronic Beryllium Disease Prevention Program (10 CFR 850)
J. Rogers, Department of Energy, Washington, DC.
• Summary of NIOSH Research on Exposure, Dose and Epidemiology Results
M. Virji and A. Stefaniak, CDC/NIOSH, Cincinnati, OH.
• Research Updates on Genetic and Exposure Interactions in Chronic Beryllium Disease (CBD) and Beryllium Sensitization (BeS).
L. Maier and P. Mzor, National Jewish Health, Denver, CO.
• Model Beryllium Standard: Industry and Labor Collaboration
M. Wright, United Steelworkers of America, Pittsburgh, PA.
|Stock #: AOD16_RT211
Member $25/Non-Member $35/Student $25
Phone +1 703-849-8888