|Catalyst JOEH Find Consultants Job Board Member Center Marketplace|
|About AIHA Membership Get Involved AIHA University Events IH/OEHS Careers Public Resources|
Recorded at AIHce 2016
Session Moderator: M. Norman, Law Office of Margaret Norman, Manhattan Beach, CA
NIOSH is currently assessing data for evaluating its guidance for lead exposures using current risk assessment modeling techniques. Using data collected in NIOSH health hazard evaluations (HHEs), NIOSH used the California OEHHA model in a pilot- risk assessment to better understand the relationship between airborne lead exposure and blood lead levels (BLLs) for exposed individuals. The results of this pilot- risk assessment will be discussed, as well as activities anticipated by NIOSH to update its guidance for occupational lead exposures.
• California OSHA Plans to Update their Lead Standard
S. Smith, Cal/OSHA, Fair Oaks, CA
• NIOSH Efforts to Refine an Airborne Lead Standard
R. Niemeier, CDC/NIOSH, Cincinnati, OH
• Challenges of Testing Lead in Biological Matrices
L. Blum, NMS Labs Inc., Willow Grove, PA
• Is the Proposed California Lead Standard Scientifically Acceptable and Practical?
S. Que Hee, Univ. California Los Angeles, Los Angeles, CA
• Will Lowering the PEL Produce a Significant and Effective Change in Protection for Workers and Their Families?
D. Napier, DNA Industrial Hygiene, Manhattan Beach, CA
|Stock #: AOD16_RT210
Member $25/Non-Member $35/Student $25
Phone +1 703-849-8888